TGIF - Actually it has been a really FUN week for me. So.... thought I'd end it with a little fun for my readers. Below are Real Estate Trivia Questions and answers. Have fun.
Real Estate Trivia Questions:
1. What is the most common street name in the U.S.A.
2. Where does the phrase “dirt poor” come from?
3. Where does the phrase “thresh hold” come from?
4. Where in the United States will you find the largest concentration of million-dollar homes?5. Where does the phrase “it’s raining cats and dogs” come from?
Real Estate Trivia Answers:
1. Second Street ranks as the most common street name. First Street is not number one because many "First" streets are called "Main" Street.
2. At one time in history, only the wealthy had something other than dirt floors. Hence the saying "dirt poor."
3. In the past, some wealthy homeowners had slate floors that would get slippery in the winter when wet. To keep their footing, they spread thresh (straw) on the floor. As the winter wore on, they would add more and more thresh until it would literally overflow outside through the door. To keep the thresh in place, a piece of wood was commonly placed in the entrance. Hence the saying a "thresh hold."
4. There are almost 314,000 million-dollar homes in the United States, and 41% of these are located in California.
5. Houses use to have thatched roofs-thick straw piled high with no wood underneath. The soft thatching combined with the warmth of the house made an ideal place where animals could go to get warm. When it rained, the roof would became slippery and sometimes the animals would slip and fall off the roof. Hence the saying, "It's raining cats and dogs."